Tuesday, 30 October 2012

koh samui ☼

source
Sandy white beaches–pure, fresh air scented with the aroma of delicious Thai food and the salty tinge of the ocean lapping at the small island's shores. The Thai island that my family and I were spending four days on was beautiful with many things to see, taste, do and touch. Sparkling azure waters which many creatures called their home and small stalls hosting an array of goods to buy. The sound of voices good naturedly bantering as people haggled and laughed. Trickling waterfalls that granted the presence of the sure-footed elephants bearing human passengers–and all amongst it all a tall, peaceful golden Buddha statue, towering and tall as it's peaceful gaze overlooks the shops and markets nearby.

I loved Koh Samui. It was just so lively yet peaceful–bustling yet strangely still. It contained a bit of everything, of any emotion at the tip of your tongue and its opposite. I learned how to cook a few Thai dishes during my stay which was fun and delicious; I love Thai food! The flavours and how fresh it tastes. 


Another thing I loved about the Thai island was the shopping. The shopkeepers were friendly and haggling down the prices was fun; especially when both the customer and the merchant get intense. However it's a good place to shop out of Singapore–I bought a lot from those tiny little stalls along the roads.


The sea was gorgeous too; turquoise and aquamarine in some parts and when rain fell from the skies those glimmering colours morphed into a cold, biting grey. A beach that stays in my mind is the lonely little stretch of sand with only the perished coral gathering close and the abandoned shrine to keep it company as the indigo sea lashes out viciously. That beach will always stay in my mind.


xx tanisha (:

2 comments:

  1. Koh samui villas are mainly famous for its luxurious elegance, beachfront location, and first class service.
    http://edenproperty-samui.com/

    ReplyDelete