Tuesday 11 September 2012

c a n d l e s


Today I went to Ikea with my mum to buy some bits for the houses when I saw some scented candles at the candle section. Scented candles bearing the scent of lemon, vanilla, cherry and chocolate. Candles that reminded me of my friends in my old school.
Last year my friends and I pick a name out of a box - a small, dusty cardboard box covered in scribbles and old inside jokes - and there would be a name on it. We had to buy a scented candle for that person and the scent would have to represent them. 
My friend Molly and I kept on getting each other's names every year and we kept on buying chocolate scented and lemon scented candles for each other. They were pretty candles; one soft yellow and the other a dark brown.
Seeing those candles today reminded me of them so I decided to buy the flavours that my friends repeatedly got every year - one for each of them.

x tanisha (:

4 comments:

  1. This gave me goosebumps. So tender and honestly written. Great example of a vignette. I love that you chose to take the time to share this experience and the memories it carries with us on your blog.

    Please continue to share the beauties of your days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me to talk with you about citation of images and a tag cloud. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, one more thing.I would love a candle! Curious what scent you think capture our class and the mood here. Bring one in and we can burn it during class.

    That goes for anyone reading this comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm glad you liked it!

      About the citation of the images I'm not very clear about where I should place the cite on the post but I'll remind you after next class. I'll bring in a candle that I think represents the class too! :)

      - Tanisha

      Delete